Student Film Competitions 2013
Welcome to a brand new year of Online Student Film Competitions with Reelshow International.
If you are a film student or recent grad (we are international) you can register with us ( registration is quick and free) and then upload your film/s on to the site and take part in our free online student film competitions.
Since 2007 we have been holding and sponsoring monthly/bimonthly online competitions on The Reelshow for film students and graduates. Our aim has always been to provide you, the filmmaker, with an exclusive international platform to showcase your work and our competitions help to generate added publicity for you and your films.
Up until now entry has been automatic to these competitions on the uploading of your film to The Reelshow site.
In 2013 we have decided to do things a little differently.
Slated for this year we have 5 Student Film Competitions ( with the possiblity of a 6th – Drama-at the end of the year). These competitions, for the first time, will be divided into 5 broad film genre categories with each competition focusing on one of the film genres. Categorizing a film within its genre makes it easier to evaluate, so more meaningful judgments and comparisions can be made.
Reelshow Competition Film Genre Categories:
- Documentary/ Mockumentary
- 30 Second Commercials
- Music Video
Approx Competition Timelines 2013:
- Drama- This competition is closed for entry- deadline for film entry was 18th March 2013
- Documentary/ Mockumentary - Deadline for entry is May 27th 2013
- 30 Second Commercial – Early July
- Animation – Early September
- Music Video – Late October
Reelshow Competition General Information:
- The 5 Finalists of each competition will be selected by The Reelshow Team. The winner of each competition will be chosen by judge/s active in the film industry 0r film/media education and experienced in the genre.
- The prize is a US$75.00 Amazon Voucher for the winner. An interview in our online magazine and unlimited free hosting of your film onThe Reelshow.
- Only films uploaded or submitted to The Reelshow from January 2013 onwards can be entered into this year’s competitions.
- Films can be submitted for entry to a Reelshow competition as soon as the competition page is up on The Reelshow Film Contest site.
- Films that have already won a Reelshow competition or festival will not be considered.
- A maximum total of 25 films will be considered for each competition and only one film entry per Reelshow member. If there are less then 8 films entered the competition will be cancelled or rolled over.
- A YouTube or Vimeo link to your film entry will be needed.